The SRC library belongs to a consortia of central Illinois libraries sharing a library automation system. Which means, we share our catalog with other libraries in the area. The catalog, called RSAcat, is named after the consortia, Resource Sharing Alliance (RSA).
Here's an overview of what RSAcat can do for you:
- Search for items in your library and in other (or all) libraries in the region.
- Place holds on items to have them sent to the LRC in Canton or Macomb.
- Manage your checkouts, holds, fines, and lists from your catalog account
- Browse new items in the collection using the “carousel” on the catalog home page
- Use the “Limit Search Results” options to quickly and easily edit your search from the results page, eliminating the need to backtrack or browse pages of irrelevant search results
- Text or email item information to yourself to keep track of what items you’d like to borrow
- Bookmark searches so that you’re alerted when new items meeting your search criteria are added to the collection